The Modern Slavery Act 2015
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement 2019
Hayakawa International (UK) Ltd. (HIUK) is a subsidiary of Hayakawa Densen Kogyo Co. Ltd., a Japanese-based global manufacturer and supplier of wire harnesses, cable assemblies and components for the automotive, industrial, home appliance, lighting and other industries.
In accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015, this disclosure is intended to provide clients with the ability to make better informed decisions about the services they buy and companies they support, and sets out the steps taken by HIUK to prevent, detect and respond to modern slavery in its own business and supply chain.
During the financial year under review, HIUK has taken the following steps:
- Established a comprehensive Modern Slavery Policy.
- Set up a team to develop our work on modern slavery.
- Commenced work on a new procurement policy which will require all Hayakawa suppliers to confirm that they do not engage in modern slavery in their own operation and that such practices are not part of their own supply chains;
- Developed a supplier self-assessment questionnaire; and
- Developed training for its employees who have direct responsibility for supply-chain
HIUK’s Anti-Slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting both ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to the implementation and enforcement of effective systems and controls to ensure that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
This statement has been approved by the Board of Directors, who will continue to review and update company policies and processes, and is signed on behalf of the Board by Mr Y Murakawa, Managing Director of HIUK.